Alexander Zverev first publicly addressed the allegations of domestic assault by a former girlfriend, saying “they are not true” before adding that he wants to focus on his tennis in Paris.

The world No.7 made headlines for the wrong reasons last week as his ex-girlfriend Olga Sharypova claimed on social media that a former boyfriend tried to strangle her with a pillow.

She did not initially name Zverev in the post, but later told Russian media that the German hit her at the 2019 US Open as well.

Zverev immediately responded to the allegations on social media, writing: “There are the baseless accusations of my ex-girlfriend Olga Sharypova, which I read in the media today. They make me very sad.

“We have known each other since we were children and have shared many experiences together. I very much regret that she makes such statements because the accusations are simply not true.

Alexander Zverev confirms he will become a father, denies allegations of domestic violence

After returning to action at the Paris Masters on Wednesday, Zverev was asked about the allegations at a virtual press conference.

“I said it all on my Instagram. There is nothing more I can add at this time. I am here. I am here to play tennis. The relationship has been over for a very long time, ”he said.

“I’m making the most of my time on the court. I said everything. They (allegations) are not true, and I cannot say anything more at this time. “

He added, “I’m here to play tennis. I have done this well in recent weeks… Since the return of the season, and I want to continue to do so.

“Obviously there is a bit going on. “

Follow us on twitter @ T365Official and like our Facebook page.


About The Author

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.