A Gig Harbor-based developer plans to start using cryptocurrency as payment for his real estate later this month.
Harbor Custom Development, Inc. will accept “digital currencies as a method of payment for its Listed Land, Developed Land, Residential Homes, Condominiums and Apartments in the Company’s operating markets in Washington, California, Texas and Florida starting Jan. 24, 2022, ”he said in a recent press release.
The company plans to take Bitcoin, Ethereum, USD Coin, XRP, Dogecoin, SHIBA INU, Binance USD, Wrapped Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dai, Bitcoin Cash, Pax Dollar, and Gemini Dollar.
“The acceptance of digital currencies for our real estate offerings is a logical step for Harbor and demonstrates our flexible business model that separates us from our industry peers,” said Jeff Habersetzer, chief operating officer, in the statement.
Harbor Custom Development operates around Puget Sound, as well as in Sacramento, California; Austin, Texas; and Punta Gorda, Florida.
Its website recently advertised homes in Tacoma, Bremerton, Belfair, Blaine, Texas and California.
“By embracing digital currencies, Harbor not only opens the door to entities with a combined market capitalization exceeding $ 1 trillion in purchasing power, but puts Harbor in a prominent position of adoption,” Sterling said. Griffin, president and chief executive officer, in the news release. “… Our clear goal is to generate shareholder value while acting as a thought leader within our industry group. “
Current local Harbor Custom Development projects
- Soundview Estates, Bremerton: 25 apartments
- Mills Crossing, Bremerton: 36 townhouse apartments under construction
- Pacific Ridge, Tacoma: 80 condominiums under construction
- Wyndstone, Yelm: 76 apartments under construction
- Olympic Sunset View Apartment Project, Belfair: 226 units under construction
- Tanglewilde, Olympia Apartments: 177 under construction
Future local Harbor Custom Development projects
- Bridgeview Apartments, Port Orchard: 138 units, site construction begins in spring 2022
- Broadmoor Commons, Bremerton: 32 townhouse apartments, construction begins this month
- Westry Village, Poulsbo: 66 townhouses, spring 2022