A Swiss investor uses IPE Quest to find managers for an unlisted open-ended real estate fund worth between $250 million (€210 million) and $500 million.
According to research QN-2683the core active file will invest in North America and will target a minimum of 90% direct real estate investments and a maximum of 50% of the investments will be leveraged.
Participating managers must provide performance data gross of fees as of December 31, 2020 and are required to hold a minimum of $5 billion in assets under management (AUM) for that particular asset class.
Interested managers must also have a minimum of three years of experience, but five years is preferable, according to the research.
The deadline to participate in this research is 5pm UK time on March 31.
Benelux-based fund launches nine ‘discoveries’ worth a combined €143.5m
In addition, a consultant on behalf of a Benelux-based pension fund launched nine Discoveries concerning nine different asset classes.
A Discovery is a tool for pre-requesting information that allows institutional investors to carry out a preliminary search for managers active in a particular asset class or region.
Asset owners can also use this tool to research an asset class they are looking at for the first time.
Discoveries launched include:
- EMU Government Fixed Income (DS-2674) – a core passive strategy worth €17 million, following the total return of JP Morgan EMU or similar grade government bonds as a benchmark;
- European Investment Grade Credit (DS-2675) – an enhanced core strategy for EUR 12 million, tracking iBoxx EUR Liquid Corporate Bonds Total Return or similar as a benchmark;
- Global (all countries) large cap core equity (DS-2676) – an active but financially passive ESG strategy worth €60 million, following the MSCI World All Countries as benchmark;
- European listed real estate (DS-2677) – an active strategy for 12 million euros, following the EPRA Europe Capped Return Index or similar as a benchmark;
- Emerging Markets Government Fixed Income (DS-2678) – an active strategy for EUR 12 million, tracking JP Morgan EMBI Global Hedged EUR Total Return or similar as a benchmark;
- European High Yield Bonds (DS-2679) – an active strategy for EUR 5 million, following BofAML Gbl HY Constrained TR HEUR or similar as benchmark;
- European Infrastructure Debt (DS-2680) – a senior or junior infrastructure debt strategy worth €9 million with an ESG overlay if available;
- Global private equity (DS-2681) – an active strategy for €7.5m with an ESG overlay if available, taking into account buyout, special situations, growth/venture capital;
- European Senior Private Credit Debt (DS-2682) – an active strategy worth €9m with an ESG overlay if available, considering bank loans, syndicated debt or direct loans.
The deadline to participate in any discovery has been set for March 17 at 5pm UK time.
The IPE press team is unable to answer any further questions about IPE Quest, Discovery or Innovation tender notices in order to protect the interests of clients conducting the research. For information directly from PEI Questplease contact Jayna Vishram on +44 (0) 20 3465 9330 or email [email protected]