Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you will have the chance to make a difference in one of the world’s leading digital banking and payment companies. From day one, you will be doing meaningful work that you are passionate about, with the support and resources you need to be successful. We value what makes each employee unique and deliver a collaborative team-based culture that empowers everyone to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a better financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Discover Financial Services is a direct payment and banking services company with one of the most recognized brands in financial services in the United States. Since its inception in 1986, the company has grown into one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover Card, a pioneer in cash rewards in the United States, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, chequing and savings accounts, and certificates of deposit through its business of direct banking. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access points; PULSE, one of the country’s main ATM / debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payment network accepted in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the premier direct partner of banking and payments, and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better, and save more for a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture of diversity, teamwork and collaboration. Join a company that is as focused on its people as it is on its customers, and which regularly receives awards for both. We’re all people-focused and our people are the reason Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build brighter financial futures and fulfill yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Technology-driven, people-first approach
Discover has embarked on an exciting technology journey led by a passionate and dynamic new CIO who seeks to elevate our technology organization to be one of the “best in class”. Our culture puts its employees and customers first and adopts a “we succeed together” mentality. With this, we are looking for a variety of results-oriented frameworks to continue to drive change in all areas of the technology function.
These leaders will have a strong engineering mindset, a passion for innovation and the ability to forge solid partnerships at all levels of our business. We are looking for people to take advantage of the Agile methodology and eliminate the redundancies that will allow our teams to strive for excellence. With our expanding technology organization, we proactively seek out the best talent to join our team to help us create an unparalleled customer experience.
The VP of Data Management will be responsible for working with senior management within Technology and Discover to understand data needs and deliver the best solutions to drive business results. This framework will create multi-year roadmaps that will leverage cloud-based technology platforms to rethink and improve the way we use data to support our customers and clients.
This leader will establish clear and practical data practices for project implementation and create standardized approaches for data entry and processing while supporting business flexibility. In addition, we are looking for an executive to lead a high performing team focused on continuous improvement and challenging the status quo.
- Collaborate with leaders across the enterprise to understand and manage data needs and develop the vision and roadmap to deliver innovative solutions
- Build and deliver next-generation capabilities around analytics, reporting, data engineering, and business intelligence tools.
- Create a modern data environment focused on delivering information to the business and leveraging strong governance, tools, and technology.
- Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders while serving as a trusted advisor on new trends and best practices in data management.
- Manage and control the costs associated with collecting, managing and sharing data while increasing the value of organizing data.
- Advance emerging features of data products for artificial intelligence, machine learning and advanced analytics in partnership with various analytics and technology groups.
- Lead, manage and mentor a talented team of data professionals while taking a proactive stance as we create world-class data assets in key data areas.
- Attract, recruit and lead the best talent in the industry and simultaneously have the technical skills to ensure that we are developing the right data assets based on the most profitable business use cases.
- Over 15 years of experience as a technologist, ideally with a specialization in data engineering, platform engineering, solution architecture.
- More than 10 years of experience in analysis, business intelligence and / or data science.
- Proven ability to define enterprise level data capabilities, applying a deep understanding of business strategy while enabling adoption of business assets.
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and lead teams to success.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Masters or doctorate.
- Experience in the financial services industry.
- Proven ability to defend an idea and bring a group to consensus.
- More than 5 years of experience in Agile engineering.
- More than 5 years of experience in cloud computing.
- Board or product background.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Just as we treat our employees, we treat all applicants with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunities employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity and inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruitment process and without distinction as to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or employment status. veteran for a career at Discover.